Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 pm

HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO!

I played the battle today, and triumphed :dance:

We did a straightforward fight to the death game - I planned to add up Victory Points after 5 turns, but we lost count so it just became a fight to the death.

I didn't really keep a record of what happened in each turn or anything, but basically I had a really decent start. There was quite a bit of cover, and my main tactic was to hang back with the bulk of my troops so his Mark of Khorne guys had as far as possible to reach me (he hadnt bought a Rhino despite me allowing him to use a similar object to represent one).

So my heavy weapons were hiding in a pile of rubble right at the back, with my Grey Hunters (my most solid infantry) nearby. Then I had my Lord with the Blood Claws (weaker but good in combat) and their Rhino, and the Venerable Dreadnought lurking behind a burnt out Land Raider.

So I loaded into the Rhino and speeded towards one of his Berserker squads - foolishly, he had broken them into two squads of six, because you need two troops choices and he hadnt bothered with any normal Marines. Then my dreadnought fried a terminator with its Lascannon.

He kept advancing towards me in the next few turns, and I picked off a few Berserkers with heavy weapons. For a Khorne player he was a total coward, being really picky about hiding in cover and measuring every inch and line of sight like a total dick. A major error was not moving my Blood Claws far enough to charge his Berserkers - they ended up charging me but there were only six of them and they were OWNED by my Wolf Lord with FIVE strength five power weapon attacks (at Initiative 5).

Sadly by this time my dreadnought had been Immobilised, so was basically a 175 point static lascannon. He did a bit of damage early on though, and the Chaos never finished him off. On the other hand, I obliterated his dreadnought with my heavy weapons team (who I'd moved forward the previous turn to be in range).

His remaining Terminators and Lord FINALLY got into combat (he set them up stupidly, right at the back of his territory!) - and to be fair they were FUCKING SCARY. He had spent stupid amounts of points on that one unit, and they were all Champions with about 5 POWER FIST attacks each. They creamed my Blood Claws but some good rolls for my Lord's 4+ INVULNERABLE save (thank you Belt of Russ!) meant he survived with all three wounds intact.

By this point I had fried most of his other Berserker squad, who were pathetically running towards my heavy weapons.

I decided to bring my Grey Hunters into play as they had not fired a shot all game! I charged them into the Terminators vs. Lord combat, and they did quite well - I'd given them 2 power weapons and their leader had a power fist, so they ignored the 2+ terminator armour rather nicely.

Hilariously, Andrew had failed to ensure his Lord had an invulnerable save (despite spending loads of points on other "Daemonic" upgrades) so that means that a weapon double his Toughness (4) like my Grey Hunter leader's powerfist (strength 8) caused INSTANT DEATH! Bwah ha haaa.

By this time his entire force consisted of about 4 Khorne Berserkers running out in the open towards my heavy weapons (2 lascannons, 2 plasma cannons!!!) - I reduced the group to one man, who ended up charging me and killing one heavy weapon. I then swooped in with my Lord and the few remaining Grey Hunters, and annihilated him with my lord's FROST AXE!

So I still had three heavy weapons, Lord (WITH ALL THREE WOUNDS!), about 3 Grey Hunters, and an immobilised Dreadnought.

HAIL LORD RUNECLAW!!!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby James on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:45 am

Haha, I just saw an advert on the GW site for shop assistants, and the description sums up their irritating nature perfectly:

When you walk into one of our Games Workshop Retail Stores there is one thing that you just can't miss… Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff.

If you are new to Games Workshop they can't wait to tell and show you just how great our hobby and products are and if you've been doing it for a while they'll just want to know what you're up to because they are hobbyists too!

Bunch of nobs!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:53 am

i liked people at games workshop, i used to ask them to teach me the game and then when they got out everything sed i dont feel like playing anymore, little did they know i already knew how to play,
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby MartinC on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:07 am

Ohhh Zurab! You cheeky monkey!
MartinC

Postby James on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 am

zurabmelua wrote:i liked people at games workshop, i used to ask them to teach me the game and then when they got out everything sed i dont feel like playing anymore, little did they know i already knew how to play,

Hahaha, that "little did they know" was used nearly as amusingly as Rik's "funnily enough" a few posts ago!

James
Administrator

Postby thrashduck on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:33 am

Alas, there was no murder involved.

Or was there? Stabby stab?
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:56 pm

zurabmelua wrote:i liked people at games workshop, i used to ask them to teach me the game and then when they got out everything sed i dont feel like playing anymore, little did they know i already knew how to play,

when they "got out everything"?
did they whoop out their cock just below the level of the gaming tables surface and advise you to "use this weapon"?no wonder you didnt feel like playing anymore :lol:
sounds to me like just another GW store where they groom "young" boys/Zurabs :D
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 pm

thrashduck wrote:Alas, there was no murder involved.

Or was there? Stabby stab?

Dean really did kill his stepdad.whether it was self defense(as he and his mum claimed),or a straight up cold blooded pre-meditated killing.no one will ever know.its not like his stepdad was able to give evidence in court.
i recko, being as dysfunctional and crazy as they all were,there was probably more to it than dean and his mum were letting on/admitting to.
i guess we will never fully know what really went on....
Last edited by radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Lev on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Look, who's buying my warhammer?
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Lev - Pulverizer wrote:Look, who's buying my warhammer?

i dont know Levington,who is buying your warhammer?
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrashduck on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 pm

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Lev on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm

You. £50 please.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby thrashduck on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Compost head.

thrashduck

Postby meluaz on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:07 pm

any way, i havnt bought any new iron warriors cause they fucking ganted up the price too much, yeah! i sed it!!
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Mr Levington,i'll swap you fifty items from the £1 shop for your warhammer.then i will ebay your warhammer for £51+£10 to cover postage(overcharging them by a few quid) :twisted:
thats £61 in total.
you will then be gutted that you didnt just ebay it in the first place.
whereas i will be happy that i have made excessive profits probably in excess of £3 to £5. :dance:

what a great evil plan it will be

will you throw in a free bag of compost?then we could have a serious deal
Last edited by radioactive rik on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik