Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby MartinC on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:15 am

The game is fucking shit, just paint them really cool and be done with it. You're a turd, James.
MartinC

Postby Lev on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 am

MartinC wrote:The game is fucking shit, just paint them really cool and be done with it. You're a turd, James.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby James on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:29 am

The game is good if you know what you're doing and plan it, I don't see how it's any different to any other strategy game. Most of my Space Wolves aren't painted very well anyway, unfortunately.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 pm

in year 7 i was paid to paint people warhammer
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Creeping Dan on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Me mate Sean, his brother is amazing at painting them. He doesnt play, he just paints them cos they look cool. The books are also quite good.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby zykloned on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm

ha ha, im wearing the deceptor t-shirt with the artwork in question at the moment quite coincidently.
zykloned

Postby Craig on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Long ago I collected Eldar, and was self-admittedly absolutely shite at both painting them and playing the actual game :lol:

I probably would like to get back into it again and do it properly (I was about 13 when I started playing) but the stuff is so sodding expensive and I'm spending most of my cash at the moment on my PC :wall:. I'd still collect Eldar though, I like the wise-but-technical side of them and their tanks are pretty damn cool.
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby James on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm

I just did a small scale practice with my friend to recap on stuff for tomorrow. We did 4 vs 4 terminators and he won without a casualty :/ But then we did my terminators and a space marine squad against his khorne berserkers and Lord, and I won that one which is good enough.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 pm

James,you beat me to it!i was gonna put up a gamesworkshop thread the other day but due to my p.c being gay i only got back online today.
anyway WARHAMMER/WARHAMMER 40K ROCKS!!!!!!!
the coolest geek stuff ever.i love it.
where else can you hear uber usage of the word uber?
your nearest hobby store.

i tend to shop online for all gamesworkshop stuff as theres a fine line between having a side hobby/interest/pastime etc and being an obsessed fanatical geekoid who spends all thier freetime in the local GWstore.
10 out of 10 for customer service from the in store staff though,but they are just too enthusiastic ie:like on the cable guy.either that or theyve accidentally put speed instead of sugar on thier cornflakes.

i was into the hobby between 11-13yrs old but due to funds and a bit of pisstaking at school AND at home i kinda lost interest but then last november my 20yr old bro said"rick,what was tha magazine you used to buy with all those little armies in,remember?"
i was like "oooooooooooohhh yeah,white dwarf"
the next day i went to see if the newsagent still sold it and bloody hell,it was there now all in colour and more jam packed and bigger and better than before.
i also dug out a few old models/mags which were still in the loft.
now i have a real job rather than a paper round i thought sod it,im gonna start again and fuck what anyone says about it being for kids/geeks etc.it IS cool and even a colleague at work got back into it coz of me.
so since last november i have been on crazy ebay binges buying eldar and imperial guard models.ive got shitloads and only painted 12 eldar striking scorpions so far(as i spend 6-8hours per model).
i will post some pics eventually.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby MartinC on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Craig wrote:Long ago I collected Eldar, and was self-admittedly absolutely shite at both painting them and playing the actual game :lol:

I probably would like to get back into it again and do it properly (I was about 13 when I started playing) but the stuff is so sodding expensive and I'm spending most of my cash at the moment on my PC :wall:. I'd still collect Eldar though, I like the wise-but-technical side of them and their tanks are pretty damn cool.

I bloody knew if you had to collect owt it'd be Eldar! Gay!
MartinC

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 pm

MartinC wrote:I bloody knew if you had to collect owt it'd be Eldar! Gay!

eldar look so cool and nifty,slick and agile and are a change from the usual dominating the market space marine choice.although i do think space marines are cool.space wolves have a real unique look andindividual style to them which makes them stand out from the generic red/blue bloodangels/ultramarines.

also me too,ive never played the games/rolled a dice in store and even used to just watch the afterschool activity battles.

the best thing when i liked it as a spotty teen was going to gamesday/golden demon 1995 in the birmingham arena.that was immense!
Last edited by radioactive rik on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby meluaz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 pm

eldar fucking suck!! dark elder are better but they are both shit, their armour is so weak, and their attack points is the practically the same as chaos and space marines
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:33 pm

How did you people get into this stuff?

I was aware of it at school but only complete outcasts with hearing aids played it.
Metal Iain

Postby James on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:36 pm

It's all a question of how you use them - I'm sure Eldar could be devastating in experienced hands. I think Dark Eldar are pretty crap though.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:00 pm

zurabmelua wrote:eldar fucking suck!! dark elder are better but they are both shit, their armour is so weak, and their attack points is the practically the same as chaos and space marines

dark eldar are darkies! :D

i wouldnt know about statistics as i buy them to build/paint up and generally look cool on my display unit.
ImageImage
radioactive rik