Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby MartinC on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:22 pm

James wrote:It's all a question of how you use them - I'm sure Eldar could be devastating in experienced hands. I think Dark Eldar are pretty crap though.

That post was more or less the saddest point of your life.
MartinC

Postby Dian Wei on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Not even this. :(
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 am

MartinC wrote:
James wrote:It's all a question of how you use them - I'm sure Eldar could be devastating in experienced hands. I think Dark Eldar are pretty crap though.

That post was more or less the saddest point of your life.

Yeah...? Well.....you're MORE sad....so...
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:34 am

What worried me is that I know all the words except Eldar. It always bugs me when geeks are talking about things you know nothing about in your presence and, when you ask them what the hell they're talking about, they're all like, 'BLUUUUGH! MONGO BOY! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT ELDAR ARE?! GAWWWWD!'
Metal Iain

Postby meluaz on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:02 am

all the kool kids collect warhammer, anyway warhammer is the most metal thing out there, whats not metal about human women being kidnapped and then cerimoniously impregnated with a mutant super soldiers and then killed brutally giving birth, or really sexy women in war or an emperor who barely does anything and thousands of humans are sacrificed to keep him alive? whats not metal bout that!!!!
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:07 am

Yeah Iain, don't you want to be Metal?!?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:14 am

yeah!!
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 am

zurabmelua wrote:all the kool kids collect warhammer, anyway warhammer is the most metal thing out there, whats not metal about human women being kidnapped and then cerimoniously impregnated with a mutant super soldiers and then killed brutally giving birth, or really sexy women in war or an emperor who barely does anything and thousands of humans are sacrificed to keep him alive? whats not metal bout that!!!!

i agree,metal and gamesworkshop go hand in hand to some extent.
its like you can easilyspot the token metalhead/metalheads at a GW store.theres always someone with either a grizzly beard,long hair,a band tshirt/hoodie in the store at some point in the day.

they are also online FPS and STRATEGY game freaks.

the thing is you cant help but think what metal tune would go best to an apocalyptic battle in the far future of warhammer 40,000 or a magical,medievil dark ages quest for glory in warhammer.however i always thought the most "thrashiest" looking characters were from necromunda:the post apocalyptic spin off of warhammer 40K.ive got 15goliaths and 12eschers coz i really think they will stand out when painted and they look so cyber-punkish/mad maxish.
look at the artwork in white dwarf mag,there are so many great pieces which would make cool tattoos or album covers.

funnily enough,there was a warhammer record label for metal bands at one point in the late 80s/early 90s and in my old white dwarf mags i ordered off ebay there is actuallt interviews with sabbat and bolt thrower(thier album cover featured chaos marines and ultramarines)

also at some point i might get a few of the novels from the "black library"as they really look like good reads and engrossing pieces of literature.

i love the cliche names of the paints too ie:snot green/red gore/chaos black/tentacle pink etc :lol:

so yeah there is a heavy metal element to the GW/warhammer world.
Last edited by radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 am

Despite all this nerdmongering about the game, I would definitely say that at least 80% of my interest in the hobby is the painting and modelling side. The battles are just a bonus now and again because I do like strategy games... but I would be just as happy to paint and convert models I liked.

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 am

yeah the painting and converting is the best, the warhammer people stole my idea of having a demon upper body go on the top of the defiler legs!! i did that ages ago and it was my hq demon prince
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:51 am

its ok James,we all secretly wanna be an experienced battle veteran.maybe in 2-5years when ive painted/collected/finished a decent sized army and maybe another year after that(to read the rulebook :lol: )i wouldnt mind seeking out opponents to crush and obliterate...er i mean test my skills against :-)
thing is the stores are always full of kids after 3pm and all weekend,plus the paedo staff and the college kids during the morning are still a bit annoying and this is what puts me off learning about the gaming side of it.
id be up for playing it at someones house/garage with a few beers/snacks etc.or possibly contact the nearest local hobby gaming network(they are listed in the whitedwarf mags)where you can book a suitable slot against opponents of a similar age/knowledge etc.ie:a sunday afternoon with no kids.
but until then its back to painting/collecting them.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby meluaz on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 am

i think the game should include actual crushing of the models u have destroyed so it would be more realistic and people would play more carefully, plus it would be fun to stamp on one of those 300 pound titans, if you can kill one
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 am

zurabmelua wrote:yeah the painting and converting is the best, the warhammer people stole my idea of having a demon upper body go on the top of the defiler legs!! i did that ages ago and it was my hq demon prince

Yeah I've seen quite a few people doing that, it is a cool idea.

ONE DAY my Demon Prince idea will materialise, which is the slug body of an ancient nurgle creature (mail order) with the torso of something like a Chaos Troll... and holding a big scythe or axe, and really Nurglified.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:17 am

heres a few ive done so far.NOTE:these were the first batch i ever painted since getting back into the hobby last november.i dont think i did too bad and surprised myself with the results.i spent roughly 6-8hours per model.
002.JPG
2 current range eldar striking scorpions
002.JPG (246.31 KiB) Viewed 229 times

006.JPG
2 more current range eldar striking scorpions
006.JPG (241.26 KiB) Viewed 228 times

005.JPG
current range eldar striking scorpion exarch
005.JPG (200 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Last edited by radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 am

As I said before Rich I think you've done a really good job of those! I don't really have any models that I am satisfied with enough to show, as a lot of my army a few years back was quite lazily painted. If I get any more though I will spend a long time on each one. It's cool to see you've put some effort into giving them proper bases too (my Space Wolves just have bases painted green but that looks crap)

James
Administrator