Welcome to UK Thrash!

Lawnmower Deth are back...kind of

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Lawnmower Deth are back...kind of

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:05 pm

I dont know how many of you have ver seen LMD live before, but they were best in the live environment, by a fucking long way. I have seen them getting 600 grebos all doing the dying fly in unison, getting the audience dancing like goons, and at one rock city show, they stopped half way through a song and asked everyone to loook at the lady who had walked in at the back. It turned out she was an instructor at the singers gym, and he got her trying to get everyone doing star-jumps and other various exercises.
They were fun fun fun, never claimed to be anything more, and i would sorely love to see them again. However that said, if they are supporting a "big band" in a "big venue" i think they will die on their arse. They are a band who i think would be best in the small club environment where everyone is near enough to feel part of the fun, and get into it.
They were a top band and anyone who knocks them is missing the point, and while acid reign had a humerous element, its harsh to say they were ever anywhere near as good as the mighty LMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Spot on mort, spot on.

I trust you will be coming down, you and i can have a lovely fish dance.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:02 am

Dian Wei wrote:Spot on mort, spot on.

I trust you will be coming down, you and i can have a lovely fish dance.

Depends, i doubt they will be any where as near as good as i remember them, so if i had to pay 30quid for a ticket, and them travelling expenses, i think id rather remember them as they were. They should do a small one off at rock city or junktion 7, or even the old angel, just for the old local fans. Id pay a tenner for that definately.
Immortalicide

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:19 pm

OH MY GOD!

FUCK ME JEEEBASSS!!!1111234567-=

How do you think hospital of death got their name? (yeah, it was SOD too)
Plus our slogan became "all thrash - No cash?" (are we in it for the kids? NO WAY! THRASH FOR CASH!)

AAARRRGHHHH. PLEASURE OVERLOAD. :beerbang:

This is bigger than metallica, much bigger.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby thrashduck on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:00 pm

thrashduck wrote:Some goon in the comments section said he's been reliably informed they are supporting Daily Mail favourite's Bulletin for my Failenstain.... of course, this could be complete balls.

Funny band though.

Oh gawwdd... I was right... I'm so sorry.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=99129

Yeh, they're opening for Bullet for my Valentine. What a shitter.

Hopefully Matt Tuck e'll get the clap and his knob e'll fall off?
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby TORSO on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:06 pm

WHAT THE FUCK
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 pm

they really need to do a nottingham gig too, they really do!!!!!

I may still go to this actually because i do like a bit of lacuna coil, but it depends on prices. The emo kids will all have fuckin flying killer cob shirts on next :wall: :wall:

this made me chortle

"What we have agreed on so far is that the majority of our set will be from [1990's] 'Ooh Crikey It's... Lawnmower Deth'... seeing as no one liked the other stuff :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the first split lp was bloody good too tho....
Immortalicide

Postby Atom on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 pm

Immortalicide wrote:I dont know how many of you have ver seen LMD live before, but they were best in the live environment, by a fucking long way. I have seen them getting 600 grebos all doing the dying fly in unison, getting the audience dancing like goons, and at one rock city show, they stopped half way through a song and asked everyone to loook at the lady who had walked in at the back. It turned out she was an instructor at the singers gym, and he got her trying to get everyone doing star-jumps and other various exercises.
They were fun fun fun, never claimed to be anything more, and i would sorely love to see them again. However that said, if they are supporting a "big band" in a "big venue" i think they will die on their arse. They are a band who i think would be best in the small club environment where everyone is near enough to feel part of the fun, and get into it.
They were a top band and anyone who knocks them is missing the point, and while acid reign had a humerous element, its harsh to say they were ever anywhere near as good as the mighty LMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point sir!
Atom

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah the split is excellent.

This is terrible news, i am not really sure i will go now.....

There must be some way to tell them to just do a small gig.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby Immortalicide on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:24 am

Dian Wei wrote:Yeah the split is excellent.

This is terrible news, i am not really sure i will go now.....

There must be some way to tell them to just do a small gig.

can we do a UK thrash petition? They could play the next reanimator all dayer :D

seriously, can they? povey? bill? luke? get onto it ffs!!!!!!
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 am

Yeah, that would be amazing. There must be some way to contact them... >?!?"??!?!

Dian Wei

Postby Darkweasel on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:56 am

This has has got to be a horrible joke, right?

FROM BLABBERMOUTH......

LAWNMOWER DETH, the long-defunct late '80s/early '90s English comedy/thrash metal band which released three-and-a-half well-regarded albums, will reunite for a one-off appearance as the opening act for BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE on November 15 at Alexandra Palace in London, England. Also scheduled to appear are LACUNA COIL, BLEEDING THROUGH and BLACK TIDE.

Commented LAWNMOWER DETH: "We are aware that we will stand out like a sore thumb on this lineup, but to be honest we are really happy to have been offered the chance to get back together again play such a venue with these bands.

"We would like to offer our gratitude to BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE (and their crew) for this opportunity... to be honest, it's not really sunk in yet!

We have managed to get everyone together now... even Mr Flymo [a.k.a. drummer Chris Flint] who up until recently seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth! (I suspect he's been running the Mower Liberation Front from a secret location in the deepest depths of Warsop).

"So the next step is to start rehearsals... it's been 13 or 14 years since any of us played in a band, so it's going to be fun!

"What we have agreed on so far is that the majority of our set will be from [1990's] 'Ooh Crikey It's... Lawnmower Deth'... seeing as no one liked the other stuff

"So there you have it... I'll keep posting blogs to keep you all up to date on how things are progressing, we may even post some clips of rehearsals as they progress."
Darkweasel

Postby Lev on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am

I hope to God it is.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:12 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:opeth :lol:

:lol: That's immediately what I thought. Hilarious.

Haven't actually heard Lawnmower Deth before, though I've heard their name mentioned many times indeed. Are they worth listening to? I can't imagine they'd be as funny as Tenacious D anyway.

Get MLF (Mower Liberation Front), the split they did with Metal Duck, and Oooooooh... Crikey It's Lawnmower Deth, brilliant albums, every song is classic lolz

BFMV, this HAS TO be a fuckin joke, terrible... no-one is gonna know who they are, or that it's supposed to be a total laff, plus most of the people there are likely to be 13/14 year-old emo kids woh think they know/are metal because of BFMV and Trivium.... gay gay gay news :cry:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Lev on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:Get MLF (Mower Liberation Front)

Why abbreviate it if you're just going to spell it out straight after?
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev