Welcome to UK Thrash!

Lack of promotion

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Lack of promotion

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:34 pm

you guys have hit the nail on the head there!!!!

just a few thoughts on the subject---

it's all to do with what's 'in'.... for example Megadeth are 'cool' to like at the moment, how many 'Kerrang! kids' are wearing brand new Megadeth shirts to gigs these days? lol... it's not a bad thing, you gotta start somewhere I guess, but still, sheep-ism is still a bit crap...also I think the majority of new-comers to thrash (now that it's 'back') will only be interested in the big name bands that are getting loads of big magazine exposure... (the same magazines that all to often wrongly label bands as thrash....) and won't be likely to go to gigs of unknown bands.... kinda sucky but its gonna happen like that :(

ooops, just rambling to try and make some sense.... :dance:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Steve on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:46 pm

People need to pull their fingers out of their asses and go see more underground bands. I went to a death metal mini-fest in Leeds a few weeks back, with only one band who I knew of, Reth, who I'd already seen twice, but they're ace live. The other bands I had never heard of, but the headliner, Defeated Sanity, was brilliant.

As much as I like to support the underground, there's a lot of shite, no matter which genre they come from, which is why I've stopped letting bands try adding me on MySpace, as I'm fed up of listening to the same old drivel over and over again. If I find a band I like, I'll find them on MySpace and add them, so I can keep up to date with any local shows they may do.

The only band who added me on MySpace rather than vice-versa who I've taken a great liking for is Pitiful Reign
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby Creeping Dan on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:06 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:you guys have hit the nail on the head there!!!!

just a few thoughts on the subject---

it's all to do with what's 'in'.... for example Megadeth are 'cool' to like at the moment, how many 'Kerrang! kids' are wearing brand new Megadeth shirts to gigs these days? lol... it's not a bad thing, you gotta start somewhere I guess, but still, sheep-ism is still a bit crap...also I think the majority of new-comers to thrash (now that it's 'back') will only be interested in the big name bands that are getting loads of big magazine exposure... (the same magazines that all to often wrongly label bands as thrash....) and won't be likely to go to gigs of unknown bands.... kinda sucky but its gonna happen like that :(

ooops, just rambling to try and make some sense.... :dance:

Metal Hammer have done exactly what youve said here man! They raved on about Children of Bodom, and theres a gig review, and Mutants there, they dont get a good review. It shows that they dont have a clue what they are going on. But ill get to my point.... They call Children of Bodom thrash and even put them on this Thrash CD. Mutant is on there aswell which is cool, but cmon... Children of Bodom aint thrash, and they are shite.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby metaldazza on Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:04 am

Creeping Dan wrote:Metal Hammer have done exactly what youve said here man! They raved on about Children of Bodom, and theres a gig review, and Mutants there, they dont get a good review. It shows that they dont have a clue what they are going on. But ill get to my point.... They call Children of Bodom thrash and even put them on this Thrash CD. Mutant is on there aswell which is cool, but cmon... Children of Bodom aint thrash, and they are shite.

The day you look for logic from Metal Hammer is the day the men in white coats come and collect you.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby buttfuck on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 pm

metaldazza wrote:
Creeping Dan wrote:Metal Hammer have done exactly what youve said here man! They raved on about Children of Bodom, and theres a gig review, and Mutants there, they dont get a good review. It shows that they dont have a clue what they are going on. But ill get to my point.... They call Children of Bodom thrash and even put them on this Thrash CD. Mutant is on there aswell which is cool, but cmon... Children of Bodom aint thrash, and they are shite.

The day you look for logic from Metal Hammer is the day the men in white coats come and collect you.

If anyone really buys that pile of shite, they deserve to lose their money on it quite frankly... :lol:

At the Megadeth thing- I thought they'd been "in" for quite a while, as with Slayer? I've seen the "z0mgBR00TUL" sort of people in them for absolutely ages...

Then again, I'm not really a Megadeth fan, so they can have 'em.
You work it out.
buttfuck

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:31 pm

I swear Megadeth went 'out' for a while when Dave fucked his hand and they split... Then there was The System Has Failed which got loads of 'Megadeth iz cooool omg thrash!!! old-school!!!' in magazines, the same happened with Christ Illusion (LOL) and the most recent 'deth album... it's kind of annoying that they obviously don't know any old thrash other than the raved about 'all-time classics'.... oh well, no wonder I don't read that shit :lol:
thrash metal maniac

Postby buttfuck on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote: the same happened with Christ Illusion (LOL)

Kerry King wrote:Religion is hate
Religion is fear
Religion is war
Religion is rape
Religion's obscure
Religion's a whore

Yeah, we get it Kerry, you don't like religion.
You work it out.
buttfuck

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

:lol: perfect!!!

666 CULT>!!>!>">$(_YJ$WJ(H
thrash metal maniac